Crucible developers post their first developer update to the PlayCrucible YouTube (May 26th, 2020)
Today a vide was posted to the PlayCrucible YouTube channel where the developers explains the upcoming changes to improve the game. On release Crucible had quite a bit of deficits that the community quickly latched onto and complained about, a lot. The reviews on steam were mixed and the developers are working to address these issues.
The biggest takeaways from the developer updates are:
- Tutorial will soon me skippable
- Will redo tutorial videos so they actually explain how to play the game instead of simply offering a high level overview
- Will be adding an in-game tip system during loading screens to explain more about how to play the game
- Will be doing more to teach the game to new players but didn't specify
- Will add toggle-able in match scoreboard
- Will add surrender feature for teams that are in unwinnable games
- Will continue to work on performance and optimization
- Will try to improve the flow of queuing and entering matches
- Will be improving the UX around the map so it's easier for newer players to navigate it
- Working to provide better feedback in combat and improve combat in general
- Will be rushing to add voice chat before text chat is ready since text chat is taking longer to set up
- Will be improving the ping system
- Will communicate dates for these changes as soon as they are confident in a date
- Started the game in "pre-season" so they have time to fix these issues before the first season
Watch the Crucible video below for yourself.
For more Crucible news, follow our Crucible news page.